Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Couches

Jane had woken up too early... again.  My dishevled bun walked with her downstairs, flipped on Max and Ruby and curled up on our sagging leather couch.  By some miracle I fell asleep.  When I woke up an hour later (from Jane nestling her pee-filled diaper against me and trying to use my face as a backrest) I had a silver dollar sized bruise on my hip from the couch springs.  A lovely, black, purple and red one.  Nasty.  Mike and I went couch shopping that afternoon.

We LOVE the ones we found.  I struggled a bit with the coffee table and end tables.  I felt like I was aging myself three generations just by picking them out (they're not the "hip" dark wood and clean lines), but with the President's Days sale they were having they were nearly free, and our coffee table and end table at home were trashed, so Tony rang them up for us.  I thought it was odd that as we were leaving the store, Mike kept throwing himself in front of me while we walked past the display of the Living Room set we had just bought.  Ends up that a  couple in their 70's was checking out "our" Living Room.  Mike didn't want me to have any more ammunition that we had bought "old people" furniture.  Too late.  I saw the couple.

I tried younging it up with some funky lamps (that came with the Living Room too) and some throw pillows (is it lame that I asked for those as part of my anniversary present?).  And wah-lah.... our new living room.






And this morning... one day after getting them, I put a scratch in the coffee table sliding the laptop onto it.  Argh!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE THE COUCH - am I an old person??? I though it was quite hip - old people would have picked glass on their coffee table. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete