Friday, February 25, 2011

And the highest bidder is...


Cole's scout troop had a silent cake auction as part of their Blue and Gold banquet.  Cole wanted a volcano cake.  I was happy to oblige (I have a tendency to run away with myself on projects like this).  Cole helped me make the trees (store-bough rice krispy treats and green frosting) and the tootsie roll man that's running away from the lava.  Ali helped with the dinosaur and some of the rocks and trees too...

 


It tied at $35 for the cake with highest bid (the other was an AWESOME "How to Train a Dragon" ship... very cool).  Cole was so proud of his cake (pardon the bad phone pictures below).



The winner also got a jar of red caramel "lava" to heat up and dump all over the cake.  I love making stuff like this.... SO fun.

1 comment: