Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mini Van or BMW?


We recently were asked to babysit Mike's parent's BMW while they are on their mission (sorry Rob and Beck) and noticed something odd it has in common with our mini-van.  People glare at us when we drive either car.

If we hadn't had other cars before driving the mini-van and the Beamer, I would just assume that I'm a bad driver, but when we first got our mini-van I noticed the transformation.  I would take our black camry to the store and people would let me over when I had my blinker on,  I seemed to keep with the flow of traffic, essentially I was just another car on the road.  But the first time I took the mini-van to the store, I became "Idiot!" and "Watch it, Lady!"  I was chronically being passed as if I was driving too slow, even when going ten over (not that I EVER do that).  And somehow I was "cutting people off" when there were multiple car lengths between us.

Now, in the Beamer, the glares still happen, they are just the "How old are you?" glares and the "Did your Daddy buy you that car?" looks.  I don't know, there's just something uncomfortable about being looked up and down because you get out of a certain car, or being flashed a dirty look by someone walking down the center of the parking lot because you've stopped to wait for them. I don't get it. 

Guess it's time to get myself a PT Cruiser... now that's a car you can be proud to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment