Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Blood Sugar Monsters


We have monsters in our house.

They appear every night about 6:00 pm.  Four monsters in all; two with red-hair and two brunettes.  You may also know them as Alison, Jane, Macy and me, Jenner.

It's a curse I've passed on to my girls.  A transformation they likely have to live with their whole lives.  Snacks and meals have to be carefully regulated because when our blood sugar drops too low, the claws come out.

I find myself rushing to get the dinner on the table by 5:30 pm, in an attempt to protect Mike and Cole from having their heads bitten off.  Sometimes I make it.  Sometimes I don't.

So, don't be alarmed the next time we have you over for dinner and start passing out the Snickers as appetizers.  It's for your own safety.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed this blood sugar problem in myself recently. Perhaps it's been a problem all my life, and if that is the case, I am very sorry to all family and friends. Now that I've put it together at age 36, I carry raisins and nuts in my purse and car and make sure dinner is served by 6:00 or I have some crackers. What a difference! So, your kids might get it from both sides...

    ReplyDelete