Saturday, June 25, 2011

Thank heavens! It's an answering machine!

Talking on the phone makes me nervous.

I'm a grown woman, I know.  But I still hate doing it.  Never my best showing.  I stumble over my words, ramble to point that I wish I could tell myself to shut up and I pace.

No matter if I start the phone call in a chair or not, I end up pacing back and forth in the room I'm in. I might even spread it out over a few rooms, just to spice it up a bit.

My new calling requires me to make lots of phone calls, and I'm honestly never more happy then when I hear that answering machine *beep* (strike that... I ramble there too... shoot.)


4 comments:

  1. Oh man am I with you! Its a miracle I don't have grooves worn into my kitchen/living/piano room floors. Whitney is familiar enough with my anxiety that if the phone rings and I don't move, she says, "we're just gonna let the answering machine get it today, huh mom?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a firm believer in not letting the phone rule my life. I will get to it when I feel like it...unless it's a child or the school calling, then I run to get it. That's the beauty of caller-id. I love it! Just wondering what your new calling is, Jenner. Visiting Teaching Supervisor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. RS 2nd Counselor - over the monthly activities (and have one coming up).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have figured out how to get my comments to post. If anyone is having the same problem, don't check "keep me signed in" When I unchecked it, my comment posted. I had to ask Richard to quit answering the phone on our date night and told all children not to call unless it was an emergency.

    ReplyDelete