Friday, February 24, 2012

It's official when they pay you.

The new editor from Jack and Jill magazine just emailed me and wants to put my "School Lunch that Almost Killed Me" story in their July/August issue this year (they've had it on hold for like 2 years, so I had kind of lost hope on that one).  But he said he really likes it and selfishly hoped it was still available (novel idea to me that I could have shopped it somewhere else) :)

This will be my first story I'll have ever been paid for.  So cool and hopefully just the beginning.

6 comments:

  1. You will be purchasing copies and or scanning and sending to us all, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to find myself a copy of the magazine in July. Way to go, Jenner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is just the beginning....I can feel it! Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Jenner! It's me, that very editor. :) Now that the July/August issue of Jack and Jill has hit the stands, I hope you like the way your funny/fantastic story looks. (And I hope you've received your check, too, you professional writer, you!) I apologize that the previous editor had your work on hold for 2 years, by the way. That will not be happening with me. I'm a writer myself, so I know how much it stinks to wait on a response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Not sure how I missed this comment! But thanks for having stopped by to leave such a nice comment. Very cool of you. All the best.

      Delete